Saturday, September 10, 2011

A WEEKEND OF WALKING

A few weeks ago I posted that I fell going to my son's football game, since then I have carried my cane in my purse. I have gone to several football and soccer games without any problems. I know my husband fells better now that I have a cane. He even parked in the back of the parking lot last night. In July we traveled out of town to see family and that is the last time I have seen my handicap tag for my car. Now every state issues one per person with your photo on it. You have to be a passenger in the car if you use it. This will keep people from abusing the privilege of using them. Today I went to a huge outdoor craft show which is usually set up in the grass. I had my cane and tennis shoes ready for the walk. I was happy to see they moved the booths to the streets. I only used my cane in the crowded areas. My oldest son questioned the fact that I needed a cane at the football game. My husband told him no she does need it because it is the universal sign that she's blind but my response was it tells everyone to get out of my way. Now I don't need to worry about falling and can enjoy the rest of the football and soccer season.

1 comment:

  1. I just read your latest blog about the cane. It was well written and it helped me to understand why you need it. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete