Sunday, September 18, 2011

HOTELS AND MOTELS

Well we just came home from yet another weekend of soccer.  We went to a tournament out of town. We arrived at our hotel at 1:30 am so there were only a few parking spots left. We parked and headed to our motel room (doors facing the outside) on the second floor. I stepped ont the metal stairs and stool on the landing. Was I drunk or was the floor slanted. No the concrete was slanted to the left or outside. I guess this for drainage. I walked from the original building to the addition. I could tell it was an addition because the floor slopped down like the pitch of the roof-line. Finally I made it to our room. It was a nice clean motel. We left early the next morning for the field but first we grabbed breakfast in the crowned breakfast area. Man were was my cane. I quickly got out of there before I bumped into someone.Later that night we dressed and walked to dinner. I managed ok it was still daylight. Going home was a little tricky with the traffic but my husband helped. When I took a shower that night I noticed the tub was shallow which meant there was a tall step down without a handrail to the floor. I friend arrived the morning after we did and she got a first floor poolside room. To make thing easier I told my husband next time we stay at a hotel or motel we are going to request a room to fit my needs which maybe the handicap room. I would hate to fall again like I did a month ago. Two other weird things that happened were in the parking lot at the game I had the car door open and it started to move. I looked up and someone was backing into the next spot and rubbed our door. At the restaurant I went to the restroom and while I was in the stall the panel next to me moved. Both insistence were on my right/blind side. The panel had come loose. I went and showed the waitress the door so management could address the issue. In this day and time they could get sued over this if someone was hurt as a result. All in all it was a good weekend with soccer and friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment