Thursday, October 27, 2011

GOING HOME

I left eight days ago to return to my parents home to help them move and honor my mother as she retired from playing the organ at her church for the past 67 years. It was wonderful to see old family friends and cousins at her reception. I flew by myself for the first time with my cane. The airport was very helpful except for the full body scan in Memphis. I stepped into the booth but couldn't see the blue squares they wanted me to stand on. The attendant wasn't very nice. We helped pack up their home. I few things I learn is to keep thing organized as they have tried to do. The treasures I found were my first eyeglass case, my hand print mold from age 2 and the ticket stub from Disney Land at age 8. Years ago my mother gave me all the eyeglass from my youth. Some were thrown away because the plastic dry-rotted. Helping them pack got me in the mood to declutter my house. I worked on the kitchen today. For someone with low vision it's important to be organized. I returned home and my talking scale only said 'ha' instead of hello. My sister asked was it laughing at me. I couldn't find a 9 volt battery so I went to buy one. Later today I looked on my desk upstairs and save three i a bag on my desk. These were from the night we replaced the smoke alarms. It pays to be organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment