Monday, October 17, 2011

FLYING SOLO AGAIN

I'm packed to fly to Memphis tomorrow. I had everything pack and zipped my duffel bag and saw a 4 inch tear along the top of the flap. This was my son's duffel from our Italy trip. Oh well I can be used for car trips now. I repacked my things into a large suitcase. This will be my first solo trip with my new cane. I was cane trained about three months ago. When I fly I have to change planes and the airline is very helpful getting me to my next flight. For the pass four years I've flown about twice a year by myself. The first time I flew the attendant driving the cart asked if I could walk so she dropped my off and the entrance to the terminal. I had to find my gate by asking for help. The next time I made sure they took me to the right place. On a flight a few years ago our plane landed at a different gate and I told the attendant I was in a hurry to catch  my flight. I was told to wait a minute then I heard a speaker call out my flight. Thank God it was across the hallway. Most of the time I have to go to a different section. Since I can't drive this is the best way I can see family since we live about ten hours away. 


Gripless EZ ID Folding 4-Section Cane - 46 inches

Item#: 173046
$18.95 From Maxiads
 
  • Lightweight
  • Compact
  • Easy-to-assemble/disemble
  • 46 inches in length
  • Screw on/off tip makes changing tips easy
This 46 lightweight, fold-apart, four-part cane is a great way to notify others that you are visually impaired. Strong elastic runs down the inside of the cane, allowing for easy and quick folding. All canes are reflective white with a reflective red end. Durable plastic white screw on/off tip at the end and elastic wrist-strap that can be used to hold the folded cane together. Screw on/off tip makes changing tips easy Available in sizes 36 - 60 long.
http://www.maxiaids.com/products/5643/Gripless-EZ-ID-Folding-4-Section-Cane---46-inches.html

No comments:

Post a Comment