Saturday, October 15, 2011

FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY

Don't be fooled by a false sense of security like I was yesterday. I few weeks ago I was dropped off at ATT a few times to work out the kinks with my new cell phone. After finishing up I walked to the end of the block to Walgreen's drugstore. We live in a town with busy streets. Most Saturdays there is a wreck on the main drag. Yesterday I finished having a hair cut and thought I would walk to Walgreen's again. This time I was on a different street. Most roads here don't have shoulders for you to walk on. I headed down the road and assured my friend who cuts my hair that I was fine. I had someone drop me off but didn't have a ride home. The road is two lane and very busy. This was a residential street turned commercial. Some of the lots uncut. So I took off and quickly realized this wasn't going to work. Some spots were littered with plastic bottles and trash and others were slopped toward the small ditch. I walked facing traffic with my cane. I was halfway there and waited for traffic to slow down and darted across the street to a Karate Studio which was closed. I called a friend who was picking her child up from school who helps me out from time to time but was at the doctor earlier that day. She came to my rescue - Thank you Rhonda. She later text me to say if I every do that again she would come and beat me. Don't worry I won't be walking the streets again. God has blessed my with sweet friends like Rhonda so this is a lesson to ask for help when you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment