Saturday, December 3, 2011

CHRISTMAS OUTING

We just got in from a day a family fun. My husband and youngest son went to Columbia, South Carolina to spend the day with our oldest son and his girlfriend who are both in college. We stopped at the campus to take some pictures for our annual Christmas card. I always dread the process. This year we have video of part of it. Most of the time I was hiding or laughing. We took the gang out to eat. The restaurant was called the Hunter-Gatherer Brewery & Ale. It was a neat old brick building. The food was great but the inside was dark and cold. My son went to retrieve our coats from the car. I took out my magnifier to read the menu. I would like to eat their again. Next we went downtown to a new TCBY yogurt shop. While crossing the street with my cane my son Andrew grabbed my hand and began to drag me across the street. Thanks son?! The TCBY chain started in Arkansas and my boys love their yogurt. We lived in Mississippi so we ate TCBY from the early days. Next we went to the Riverbanks Zoo for their Lights Before Christmas event. This is our first time at the event and the zoo was very pretty with all the light. While walking with my cane my son ask "mom what are you doing" I looked down to see a tree stump in front of my foot ready for me to trip over it. Boy was I glad Phillip stopped me. My husband helped me navigate through the zoo. We had a great time with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment