Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DAY 1 ARRIVE IN ROME

We meet Flavio to take us to the bus. Our driver puts all the bags in the bottom of the bus. After a long trip and time change my brain isn't functioning so well. I have three bags with me. The largest one has my cane in it because I could get around the airport pretty well, so I had packed it on the bottom. Let me just say most of the time I was the straggler in the group. I attempted to grab it, but I was sitting on the curb while everyone else was on the bus. At this point I wonder "where is my son who is supposed to help me". I sat on the bus with my large purse and small suitcase. Flavio quickly notices this and inquired about my purse. It's large so I can buy more in Italy. Really I have all my low vision aids in it. Binoculars, 5x magnifier, 4x glasses and camera. Flavio greets us with jokes and vital information and a bag of maps which I never opened. I had friends to find our way to the sights of Italy with their maps. I was never good with directions and maps. So we are on our way to the Coliseum of Rome.

Pictures above are our bus and my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment