Friday, April 15, 2011

DAY 1 ATLANTA AIRPORT

After packing our bags we are off to Atlanta for our trip to Italy. My husband drop my son Phillip and I off at the door so we didn't have to walk. Little did I know this was the last time in 11 days I would have that luxury. I brought a cane with me to help get around. Without thinking it through I put it inside my check-in bag. I'm used to traveling by plane so getting around the airport was ok. We did see Comedian Steve Harvey in the Atlanta airport. We flew Air France so we went through security. I brought my half empty toothpaste with me which was taken in Atlanta. At least I had two same tubes in my bag. On the long flight we were able to watch movies and TV shows or play games. This was a treat for me to see a movie close up on a 6 inch monitor. The instruction panel was easy to use. I was in the last seat of the plane and the headphones they gave us were hard to hear the movie. I did sleep some of the 9 hour flight unlike my son. The second flight was a short one from Paris to Rome. We thought the bathrooms in the Paris airport were bad until we got to Rome. When we arrived in Rome we were met by our wonderful tour guide Nicoletti "Flavio". So off we went to our home for the next 10 days - the tour bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment