Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DAY 1 THE HOTEL

Our first hotel reminded me of a country club because it had grand rooms with hardwood flooring. You could imagine it hosting elaborate weddings and dances. The elevator was small but not the smallest on the trip. I shared the room with another woman in our group. We knew to bring a converter for the outlets but that was the least of my worries. Where was the light switch? How do you turn the lamps on. Our room was cute with its hardwood floors and furniture. The bathroom was long and skinny with white tile. I was happy it had natural lighting in it. We had a tub, and it was the last one I would see on the trip. The tub was tall and skinny with an old glass panel on the left side. I hit my shin trying to get in. At this point I wondered if they had handicap equipped rooms. All the light switches were mounted on the side. We never figured out the thermostats.


Photo above is switch similar to Italian style.

No comments:

Post a Comment