Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DAY 1 ROME

After we arrived we were taken to the sites of Rome. What amazed me so much is that I was walking were men and women walked centuries ago. Because I grew up in a building supply and construction family I was amazed at the architecture I was seeing up close. The structures were so large. Since I didn't have my cane and the streets were thousands of year old they were hard for me to manage. You know the game where you avoid the cracks in the concrete. That's what I was doing. Everyone on the trip was so kind to help me up and down the many, many steps in Rome. The Colosseum was awesome. They actually have an elevator but I never saw it. Our guide in Rome was the best one from the entire trip. We had four different well-educated guides at each town we visited. We had lunch at a cute outdoor cafe. I ordered pizza since the menu was in Italian. We were 'worn out" when we arrived at our hotel late that evening. Our boys were not ready for bed so they hung out.




No comments:

Post a Comment