Sunday, January 30, 2011

LESS IS MORE

I know you have heard this phase before "less is more". This is a problem I have not dealt with for 10 years. August 28, 2001 I lost sight in my right eyes. I pasted my 10 year anniversary. I know you think of an anniversary to mark a good thing. I don't see my vision loss as a bad thing. I just deal with it. I have been trying very hard in the past year to deal with my clutter, collection of objects, save in an emergency, I can use it someday, ...... but really it's a form of hording. Yes I said the dreaded H word. I've even heard my boys tease my about it. Yes they are right. Most people who go through a trauma like I did can often try to cope in this unhealthy way. Some examples are my loss of sight, loss of a parent, loss of a job, or loss of a loved ones in a
divorce. Because my independence was taken way so sudden I started buying things in twos. Mainly items from the grocery store. I didn't want to run out of toilet paper. What a tragedy that would be. It starts small and grows and grows. Mine is fairly contained to draws, closets, attics and the garage. My niece says I'm always cleaning out closets but I was really just reorganizing my clutter. I have posted a great site called Flylady.net which has been around for about 10 years. My next few post will be tips on cleaning out so there is less in closets, drawers etc. The best place for most clutter is the garbage since I save parts to things I can't find the other parts. Today I cleaned my sons bathroom cabinets. I found my Valentine sock I had the match to. Both are going to the garbage since the one I found is ruined. If you have less, it is much easier to find what you are looking for. Yes less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment