Saturday, February 25, 2012

LIGHT BULBS

Because I have low vision and I worked in a building supply store for 25 years I'm picky about light bulbs. I have been known to show up at friends homes with my box of bulbs not to mention changing all the bulbs that were out at my parents home last 4th of July with the help of my husband and son. After my first detached retina the lights at our local Kroger made my eyes pound after I started shopping. The only thing that helped was to wear sun glasses. We moved into a builder's home the year i lost my sight. The first thing I did was change out all the 100 watt clear rough service bulbs. First of all most light fixtures recommend 60 watt maximum. I have fans in 6 rooms. It was suggested that I put GE 60 watt Reveal bulbs in them. They are bulbs with a blue tint to simulate daylight. These are great bulbs. At work we have daylight and cool white bulbs in the florescent ceiling fixtures. Over the past few months I've noticed I can't see as well in my house. I get dressed and walk outside and look down and question if the cloths I put on match.

 

GE 2-Pack 60-Watt Color-Enhancing Multipurpose Incandescent Light Bulb






Years ago most 48" bulb were labeled 40 watt daylight or cool watt. Now with all the energy efficiency they are 32 watt.

No comments:

Post a Comment