Sunday, May 29, 2011

CAMPING

We went on our annual camping trip to Hunting Island, SC. It's a great state park. This is our fifth trip with the Steele family. This was my first year with my cane. We arrived Friday night. My son took me to the bathroom. Later that night I went by myself. After I left the bathroom I headed to our spot. I was wondering up and down the street with my cane. Someone asked if I needed help. Well she startled me. I asked her what spots were on the road. I don't' know why I asked that. I didn't even know our number. I decided to go back to the bathrooms and start over. I realized I took a right out of the bathroom instead of a left. I was on the wrong street when I got lost. I was happy I had my cane. Last year while I was walking back to our campsite some woman startled me while she was whipping by on her golf-cart from the rear. I tripped off the asphalt spread eagle on the ground. I was not happy. We went to Edisto State Park three years ago, never to return there again. They don't have street signs like Hunting Island and the beach is across the highway from the campground plus they gave us a spot with a tree right in the middle. I kept tripping over the tree roots. I remember the first year we camped at Hunting Island I wanted to put my eye drops in so I asked my husband for the flashlight. For some reason he didn't pack one - WHAT was he thinking. Two years ago I bought I rope light you plug in to light the walkway. That was a great buy for $13. This year I bought two flashlight for myself. A friend gave me a light that clips to my cap so I had that with me. I also have a LCD tent light to hang inside the tent. Camping is fun but I can only handle one trip a year. The best part of the trip this year was finding tons of big seashells.

No comments:

Post a Comment