Saturday, August 4, 2012

VACATION ADVETURES

Our family traveled to Kanasas for July 4th. On the way home my sons wanted to stop at Antique Archeology in Nashville.  We are all fans of the show American Pickers on the History Channel. One episode was even filmed in my hometown of Greenville, Mississippi. I knew the homeowner they visited. He was an architect who my father dealt with when my family owned Greenville Lumber Company and Greenville Commercial Builder.  We parked the car and saw I long line to enter the building. It's located in a cool old brick building. After we entered my eyes had to adjust the lighting. It was very dark inside. It consist of items from the show, Mike's personal collection, and souviner merchandise. It is a true man cave. I worked my way around the store looking at all the cool items. First the right wall, next the back wall and next the left wall, as I finished looking a everything on the left wall I turned around and realized I was behind the sales counter. Oops! No one saw me but I was truely embarassed. This is a lesson in being aware of you surrounding. The boys, 50, 22 and 17, enjoyed experience. My son's girlfriend and I did too.



No comments:

Post a Comment