Monday, January 23, 2012

GOODBYE CROCK POT

I went to Wal-Mart tonight to grocery shop. This isn't where we normally go but my son picked me up from the dentist and had to make it to soccer practice so I just told him to drop me off there since it was close to his high school. It was so weird and wonderful to go by myself and not be in a hurry.  By the time my husband picked me up i had a full cart. I decided to make Home-made Macaroni and Cheese in my crock pot. I got the recipe from a friend. So I got home and started mixing everything. I plugged in the crock pot and set it on high. About 15 minutes later I remember to add milk. SO I added the milk and thought it needed more cheese. I stirred the mixture a few times and checked on it about 15 minutes later. Ok I haven't made this in a few months but it didn't look right. I tasted it. Why wasn't it hot. I unplugged it and plugged it in again. I waited another 15 minutes. Ok enough, it's been been hour.  My crock pot died. Hurray! One less thing in my cabinets. It's now in the trash. I transferred the noodle to a casserole pan and baked it in the oven. It was good because now I have half a pan of macaroni and cheese.


My Easy Macaroni and Cheese


Cook 1 pound of elbow noodles until the are almost done.
Drain and put into a large bowl.
Add 1 whisked egg, 1 stick of butter, i can evaporated milk, 1 cup milk and some pepper.
Add some cheese about 2 cups. I use cheddar and whatever we have in the refig.

Mix well and cook in a crock pot on high for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. If you want to bake it but into a casserole dish in the over at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment