Tuesday, April 1, 2014

EYE DROPS

I've used eyedrops for more than 25 years. When I had my first detached retina, my father insisted on putting the drops in my eyes the first few weeks. I thought this article from Lifeline formally Lifeglow explains it all. In addition I put a rubber band on the bottles I use in my left eye so I know without looking. I use four types of drops twice a day.
 
Get the Drop on Eyedrops

A recent Johns Hopkins Health Alert
offered tips for effective use of eyedrops:
FOR HELP IN REMEMBERING TO USE THEM:
• Develop a routine. Associate using eyedrops with another activity such as brushing teeth.
• Use reminders. Stick a note on the bathroom mirror or use a computer calendar.
• Simplify. Ask the doctor to prescribe once-aday drops or combine more than one
product in one bottle.

TO GET THE DROPS INTO THE EYES:
• Lie down. A horizontal face helps.
• Pull down the lower eyelid with a fi nger,
creating a small pocket at the inner corner of the eye.
• If hands are shaky, rest a hand on a cheek.
• If using more than one kind of eyedrops, wait at least a minute between applications

Lifeglow
May - June 2010, Vol. 27, No.

No comments:

Post a Comment