Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rules for your glasses

This is my sister's sweet grandson who got his first pair of glasses. His mother wrote this cute post and I wanted to share insight about his first pair plus she's a school teacher. I've worn glasses since I was 2 so I'm sure I told some of these rules.



And yes, he is sporting his new glasses. They came in within two weeks instead of the expected four to six weeks. He was excited the first day, but not so much anymore. We are reminding him constantly to keep them on. And we have also come up with quite the list of rules. For instance:
1. Do not put your glasses on the floor.
2. Do not put your glasses where anyone will sit.
3. Do not hang your glasses from a tree branch.
4. Do not bury your glasses in a pile of leaves and then forget where you put them so that all three of us have to go on a twenty minute search for them.
5. In fact, do not take your glasses off outside at all.
6. Do not touch the lenses.
7. Do not wear them upside down.
8. Do not stretch the ear pieces.
More to come, I'm sure. And I do realize that, as much as possible, you are supposed to state rules for children in the positive manner rather than a list of don'ts, so I guess I better get to work restating this list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment