Monday, April 2, 2012

KETATOCONUS CORNEAL TRANSPLANT

Keratoconus is a central or paracentral cornea characterized by bulging forward of non-inflammatory thinning of the disease. The disease is common in young people, 70% of eye disease, the incidence rate of lower than abroad. Although many scholars study of keratoconus, but so far unknown etiology. Cone was found at histological fibrolamellar reduced collagen fiber diameter did not change, so that the bonding between layers may be the fiber is not enough, slip sheet between layers, leading to thinning.
Allergic disease is genetic and its possible causes. As the central area or near the central corneal area of thinning, leading to increase in corneal irregular astigmatism, myopia has been deepened and decreased visual acuity, seriously affecting the life and work and study, with the further progress of the disease, can result in corneal perforation, resulting in blindness. It is generally rigid contact lenses by correcting, penetrating keratoplasty to do serious, young lives could be done twice a corneal transplant.
Predilection keratoconus 16 - 20 years old young people, women more often involving the monocular start, and then the second eye disease, the prognosis, the latter better than the former. The clinical manifestations of early keratoconus in refractive error based, began to myopia, and gradually developed into astigmatism or irregular astigmatism, corrective lenses can generally; medium further decline in visual acuity, general corrective lenses can not be corrected vision with contact lenses. Slit lamp examination showed corneal thinning gradually to the top, projecting forward, and sometimes ruptured Descemet aqueous invasion, corneal edema and opacity may occur; the top of the late corneal scarring or often formed irregular linear opacities, corneal superficial There neovascularization, a high degree of decreased visual acuity, contact lens can correct vision.
Keratoconus cornea after corneal transplantation can be life-long use, this does not occur in the case of rejection, the general lamellar keratoplasty for keratoconus rarely occur after rejection. Therefore, early detection of keratoconus, early treatment is very important.
keratoconus corneal transplant


Keratoconus, the English abbreviation for the KC, is a protrusion of central corneal thinning, was characterized by a cone-shaped eye. Keratoconus can cause a high degree of irregular astigmatism and myopia of different degrees of visual impairment. 20-year-old high risk youth are keratoconus, both eyes usually have disease. Etiology of keratoconus is not clear, it was thought to be genetic abnormalities, it was also reported to the disease and endocrine disorders and allergic diseases, eye diseases also caused damage to the cornea may also be the direction of the keratoconus.
Myopia and myopic astigmatism resulting from decreased visual acuity should be wary of keratoconus, which is the more common performance. In this case generally have a high degree of astigmatism, and more with irregular astigmatism. Keratoconus corneal central area will be getting thin, bulging, round cone prominent, which is the origin of the name of keratoconus. To the late development of sudden acute corneal edema, opacity, so that visual acuity decreased sharply in the short term.
Keratoconus can be divided into two types: front-and rear-type, rear type is divided into full-and localized. Before and after puberty, usually in the eye disease, keratoconus in the early stages of disease when the myopic lens correction, due to irregular astigmatism and the need to wear contact lenses, advanced in need of corneal transplantation, but no matter what level of keratoconus, can not use drugs cure.
Corneal transplantation is an effective way to treat keratoconus, vision can not be corrected for, or keratoconus who developed rapidly. Keratoconus is a standardized, precise microsurgery, advanced form of surgery can effectively reduce astigmatism and postoperative visual acuity can be satisfied. As early as the mid-keratoconus, central corneal opacity without those lamellar keratoplasty may be considered, but not as penetrating keratoplasty visual acuity, acute keratoconus surgery should be postponed. Success rate of corneal transplants higher Cambridge Eye Hospital in Chengdu (Sichuan Province Red Cross Eye Hospital) has been successful for many from across the country successfully implemented in patients with corneal transplants.

2 comments:

  1. With the eye surgery India the latest and highly sophisticated medical equipments and other facilities Indian Eye Care hospitals definitely makes for the best choice when it comes to eye care. Your eyes are the most beautiful and most precious part of your body. You can enjoy the beauty of the nature, art people, and architecture through these eyes. So, you need to protect your eyes and have clear vision to the world. Cornea transplant hospitals abroad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am indeed very grateful to God for his goodness in my life, and also I want to use this medium to extend my gratitude to Doctor Uwadia Amenifo for curing me of my glaucoma and diabetes with his wonderful herbs. Beloved brothers and sisters Milk David is my name, I suffered from diabetes for 20 years my sugar level was over 200. In addition to that I was also having great issues with my eyes my doctor diagnosed cataract/glaucoma. This problem was as a result of my work in the banking sector where my eyes was always exposed to a computer set.it became worst that I was unable to see anything clearly. When one is close to me, I could only see the head to the chest. My doctor prescribed so many medicines for me, and I was taking medicine for both my diabetes and glaucoma. But the medicines were not doing me well, as I was still suffering from both ailments. But someone introduced me to an herbalist Dr Amenifo, and I got in contact with him. After explaining to him, he assured me of total cure with his herbal medicine off course no harm in trying I tried to believe him and I gave him a try. Behold he prepared the herbal medicine and shipped it to me, I used it as prescribed by him, and behold I am totally free and cured for first my glaucoma, and the second arrangement was made to also cure me of my diabetes, he prepared the herbal medicine for diabetes, and shipped it to me. After using it my brothers I am here to say I am now totally cured of my diabetes my current sugar level now is 100. Please I want you all to help me say a big thanks to Dr Uwadia for saving my life. In case you have problems same as mine as I then was, please I advise you to immediately contact Dr Uwadia, and get your permanent cure. His contact details are as follows. Email (doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com) and his digit is (+2349052015874).

    ReplyDelete