Saturday, March 3, 2012

COMPUTERS - WHAT A HEADACHE

For the past week my computers have gone back and forth to the computer shop. I renewed my McAfee Total Protection Virus Program but I couldn't download it on my laptop or desktop. McAfee worked on both remotely but couldn't "resolve" the problem. So I had the local shop "4 T's  Computers" look at them separately. I've had problems for several months but thought my McAfee was protecting my computer. The staff at the shop were very nice, easy to work with and affordable. They found out I had a tracking virus on my computer watching everything I do. After the repair I tried to upload my new version of McAfee, but I couldn't download it online. I called ZoomText to see if they could figure out what was wrong now. Lloyd said Internet Explorer 9 was installed which conflicts with ZoomText. I had Internet Explorer 8 on both computers. At this point my laptop was at the shop for repairs. I let them know what the issue was now. We swapped computers after the laptop was ready. Yesterday I worked most of the day to install the McAfee updates. I couldn't get my laptop working with my wireless that my son set up last year. I know the password and tried most of the day, resetting the password, wireless port and dsl...nothing. I could use the computer but it was slow. My son came home and within a minute fixed the laptop. Thank you son but I was told, "mom don't ever change the setting on your wireless", thanks son. My McAfee was updated after a week and many many people helping me. Thank you everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment