Tuesday, August 30, 2011

WHAT A WEEKEND

The past few weeks have been very busy I haven't had time to post. Two events happened this weekend that I don't ever want to experience again.

My son had a high school football game out of town Friday night. After enjoying out with family and friends we headed to the field. I was more worried about rain than getting around that I brought my umbrella instead of my cane. The game was at a large public stadium with a security station like an airport. I was the last one to go through the metal detector. Everyone with me had gone ahead. As I was walking I could see that the field was designed in the bottom of the hill.  I took about four steps then noticed there was a "slop" ahead. At that point I thought the two metal bands in the concrete indicated steps. I stepped forward and before I knew it I was tumbling downward. The metal band was in the middle of the two steps instead of at the end. My family and the staff ran to help me "up" on my feet. My husband said "give her a few a few minutes". He was right I was still in shock. At times I feel self-conscious
of having to carry a cane since I can see some out of the left eye but this is the last time I will leave it at home when I'm somewhere I haven't been before.  After a few minutes I was ready to watch the game. My son's team won the game and he scored 4 point as kicker.

Saturday we were at our local soccer tournament. I took my cane this time. 
I did need it out at the field because we had to park by the woods. Sunday we were at soccer again. I also had my cane. We were watching the first game from the side line. It was almost half time. I had a hat on to protect my eyes from the sun because the were burning from all the sun and dust from the day before. I even used an ice pack the night before. As I was watching the game I saw something to my right / blind side. What I heard next was swoosh, pop and crunch as the soccer ball hit my face, eye and nose. My sweet husband came to  my rescue again. He ran to the first aid tent for a bag of ice. Someone handed me some Advil. The rest of the game I sat with a bag of ice on my face. The poor boy that kick the ball did apologize to me. For the next game and the rest of the season I'll be sitting at least six feet away from the side line.  

What an exciting weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment